Phone Payments


Billing & Payment

Where can I find the current electric rates?

Click here to see LUS’s current and previous month’s electric rate schedule. Our rates are determined by many factors, including kilowatt hours used, operational costs, and total monthly fuel costs as provided by TVA. 

Can I get an extension on my due date?

LUS does not offer payment extensions beyond the date listed at the top left of the original billing statement. The listed date is no fewer than twenty (20) days past the due date, listed on the top right of the bill, and is the maximum amount of time allowed for payment to be submitted.

Where and how can I pay my bill?
  • For a list of accepted payment methods click here.
  • For a list of locations where LUS utility payments can be made click here
Can I receive my monthly bill electronically?

Yes, you can receive an email with the amount of your bill. To view a pdf of your actual bill, you will need to sign up for SmartHub. You may also use the SmartHub app on iPad/Phone or Android devices You can use your new account number on your first new paper bill in order to sign up for SmartHub.

Can I choose the date when my monthly bill is due?

Your due date is determined by where you live on our system and the date we read your meter(s) therefore we cannot change the due date for any customer.

What happens if my service is disconnected?

If service is disconnected due to nonpayment, we require that all past due balances be paid as well as any reconnection fees. If an account is disconnected for more than 5 days it will be terminated and the customer will have to pay new security deposits and connection charges, in addition to all past due balances.

What happens if I’m late paying my monthly bill?

If we do not receive your payment by the due date listed on your statement, which will be no less than 15 days after the ‘Statement Date’, a late fee will be added to your balance. The late fee is 5% of the current bill (not applicable to any tax amount).  If the amount is still unpaid when the subsequent month’s statement is generated there will also be a notice printed on that statement as a final reminder of the last date to pay.

How do I get help with billing and account questions?

For help with any bill questions call our office at 931-762-7161 or visit our Customer Service office located at 25 Public Sq, Lawrenceburg, TN.

What happens if I paid my bill with a check and the check is returned?

If a check or any other payment is returned by your financial institution, we will charge a $25.00 fee for processing the returned payment and require repayment with cash, cashier’s check, or money order. You will also be notified in writing regarding the amount due and the last date payment can be made before possible disconnection.  Any account with two or more returned payments in a 12-month period will be designated as a “cash only” account, and all future payments will need to be made with cash, cashier’s check, money order, Visa, or MasterCard.

Are deposits ever refunded?

Residential and Small Commercial accounts (TVA rate code 22 and/or 40) will be eligible to have their deposits returned after three (3) years, assuming they have a “Good” or “Excellent” credit rating with LUS. Large Commercial accounts (TVA rate code 50 and above) will have their deposits returned upon termination of service.

Does LUS offer adjustments to my bill in case of a water leak?

In the event of a water service leak or water fixture malfunction resulting in a bill exceeding five (5) times the average monthly bill, a customer’s water bill may be adjusted. Contact LUS customer service at 931-762-7161 for additional details and to request an adjustment.

Does LUS offer adjustments to my bill if I filled a swimming pool or watered my lawn?

In the event of filling a swimming pool, lawn irrigation, or other water service leak that does not enter the sewer system, a customer’s sewer bill may be adjusted back to the 12-month average bill amount.

I’m struggling to pay my utility bill, are there any organizations that can help?

Yes, the following organizations may provide help with your bill:


How do I report a power outage?

To report an outage, call 931-762-7161 and select option 1

How do I report an outage or other issue with my gas, water, or sewer service?

To report an outage or other issue, call 931-762-7161

Will I be charged for electricity during the time my power is out?

No. Your electricity cost is determined by your home or business’ power meter reading each month. If no power is being delivered to your address, like during an outage, your meter automatically stops until power is restored. When your meter isn’t running, there is no power use to bill during that period of time.

Service Connection, Transfer, or Termination

How do I start service?

To establish service customers must first complete an application for service and pay all necessary fees and security deposits. Requests can be made Monday – Friday, excluding LUS observed Holidays.  Same-day requests will be processed until 1:30pm.

Applications can be completed:


In-Person :

    • 25 Public Square, Lawrenceburg, TN, 38464

If renting a residential property, you will need a completed and signed Landlord Rental Agreement form.

What do I have to pay to start service?

Since every LUS customer account uses our services before their first bill is received, we require an initial deposit of $100.00 per service to cover the cost of these services in addition to a $20.00 per service connection fee. All new applicants for service have the option to undergo a review of their credit history and those with a satisfactory credit rating may have the deposit lowered or waived. Customers with less than satisfactory credit will be required to pay their deposits in advance.


Deposits and connection fees must be paid before service is connected and may be paid using the following methods:

  • Online: Visa, MasterCard, debit card, or electronic check
  • In-Person: Visa, MasterCard, debit card, electronic check, or cash
How do I stop service?

Customers can request service be disconnected Monday – Friday, excluding LUS observed Holidays. Same-day requests will be processed until 1:30pm.

Requests can be made:

What is the process for getting electricity connected to a new home?
How do I transfer service from one address to another?

Transferring requests can be made Monday – Friday, excluding LUS observed Holidays. Same-day requests will be processed until 1:30pm.

Requests can be made:


While trying to enroll in Smarthub, I put in my email and password but it said, 'Login entry is invalid,' why?

If you are trying to enroll in Smarthub, you need to visit On that page click on the ‘New User? Sign up to access our Self Service site.’ link and complete the entire enrollment process. Note: This consists of about 10 easy steps.

I entered my email and password on the login screen, but it said that the information I had supplied didn't match what was on file for the account. What could be wrong?

If you didn’t complete the entire enrollment process, you will most likely need to contact a customer service representative and have them remove your email and password so you can start the enrollment process from scratch. Otherwise, if you supplied the service zipcode instead of the mailing zipcode and yours differs, this could cause the problem.

During the enrollment process, I clicked on a Login button, but it just took me back to the first login screen. What happened?

Many people click the Login button on step 5 of the enrollment process, and fail to read the instructions. They inform you that ‘You will receive an e-mail with a temporary password. Use it to login and change your password.’ Note: The letters in this temporary password are case sensitive. That means it matters if the letters are capitals or not. At this stage you should check your email for an email from LUS containing this temporary password. You must login with your email address and this temporary password. Then you will be prompted to, ‘Please change your password.’ At that point you will need to enter your new password in both text boxes. They must match in order to be successful.

During the enrollment process, why was I asked for a 'Security Passphrase'?

The ‘Security Passphrase’ is not a password. It is a phrase that will appear when you actually make a payment. This appears before you enter credit/debit card or banking information. If at that point you do not see the same ‘Security Passphrase’ that you originally supplied, DO NOT enter any financial information. That would be a sign of phishing (someone trying to use a fake site that looks like Smarthub in order to steal your credit/debit card or banking information).

How can I have this email sent to more addresses, and/or have text messages sent?
  • Login to Smarthub at
  • Click “Notifications” on the menu
    • Select “Manage Contacts” from that menu
      • Click the “Add Email Contact” button to add email addresses
      • Click the “Add Text Message Contact” button to add cell phone numbers
  • Click “Notifications” on the menu
    • Select “Manage Notifications” from that menu
    • On that page, configure the Billing and Miscellaneous notifications desired to contact you using one or more of the contacts that you established in the previous steps for one or more of the various types of notification event available.
I tried to login but it said my account was suspended. What do I do?

Contact a customer service representative at: (931) 762-7161.


What are your normal business hours?

LUS’s Customer Service Office is open Monday – Friday 7:30am – 4:30pm.

LUS’s Warehouse and Receiving hours are Monday – Friday 7:00am – 3:00pm.

What Holidays are LUS closed?

LUS offices will be closed in observance of the following Holidays:

  • New Year’s Day (Jan. 1)
  • Good Friday (Friday before Easter)
  • Memorial Day (Last Monday in May)
  • Independence Day (July 4)
  • Labor Day (First Monday in September)
  • Veterans Day (November 11)
  • Thanksgiving (Fourth Thursday in  November)
  • Day after Thanksgiving
  • Christmas Eve (December 24)
  • Christmas Day (December 25)
What are the current fees and charges for LUS?

Click here to view the current Schedule of Fees and Charges for LUS.

What should I do if I smell natural gas?

If you smell a strong odor of natural gas (similar to rotten eggs) you should open the windows and evacuate the building immediately. DO NOT smoke or use anything that produces an open flame.  Once away from the building call 931-762-7161.

How do I make a request to have trees trimmed that are near power lines?

LUS’s Right of Way Department can be contacted at 931-762-7161 ext. 4733

Is LUS responsible for keeping my service line clear of trees and limbs?

No, the responsibility of clearing trees from customer service lines (pole-to-house) falls entirely on the customer.

Does LUS offer outdoor security lighting?

Yes, for information about security lighting please call 931-762-7161.

What do I do if I suspect someone is stealing or diverting electricity?

Power theft is a serious issue that is not only against the law but is also extremely dangerous. Power theft occurs when individuals tamper with electric service by trying to bypass the electric meter at a service panel. Tampering can create unsafe conditions that could possibly result in electrical shock, fire, explosion, or death.


LUS takes power theft very seriously, and we ask for your help to prevent it.  If you suspect power theft or meter tampering, please call LUS at 931-762-7161.

How long does food last once the power goes out?

According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA):

  • A refrigerator will keep food old for about 4 hours if it is unopened.
  • A full freezer will keep the temperature for approximately 48 hours (24 hours if it is half full) if the door remains closed.
  • Click here for more details regarding food and water safety during power outages and floods.
Who do I contact if I plan on digging in my yard and need to have underground utilities marked?

To have your underground utilities marked simply call 811 or 1-800-351-1111 or you can open an online ticket at Calling is required by law.  If you dig without calling and damage any utility lines, fines can be assessed, and any associated repair costs will be billed to you.


This step only covers public owned underground utility lines and will not cover private utility lines such as water and sewer lines that run from your meter to your house.  Other types not covered include but not limited to invisible fencing, decorative outdoor lighting, and irrigation lines.

Does LUS offer a Senior Citizens Discount?

LUS does not offer a discount for any segment of our customer base nor for any of our services. All customers of the same rate class will be billed at the corresponding rate for that designated class.

Does LUS offer broadband (Cable/Internet/Phone) service?

LUS does not offer broadband services. The only services provided by LUS are Electric, Gas, Water, and Sewer.

Does LUS add fluoride to the water?

No, as of January 1, 2012 LUS no longer treats water with fluoride. Call 931-762-2118 with any questions regarding our water treatment process.