Through the Comprehensive Services Program (CSP), TVA and LUS provide TVA engineering and technical assistance to commercial and industrial members to mitigate energy use problems. TVA engineers and technicians deliver high value solutions to power quality issues, power factor corrections, and metering.
Other services, such as energy audits, lighting recommendations, infrared scanning and ultrasonic testing are designed to assist existing commercial and industrial customers to remain profitable.
- Energy Audits: General survey of energy use in a facility and recommendations on energy management opportunities, process and facility improvements.
- Demand- Side Management: Monitoring and testing of electrical systems and recommendations related to managing peak demand, energy management opportunities, and process and facility improvements.
- HVAC: Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning studies examine the sizing of HVAC equipment, offer heating and cooling system comparisons, investigate problems with existing systems and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Infrared Scans: Consists of infrared scans of electrical equipment such as transformers, breakers, bus and conductor connections for hot spots, as well as scans for facility heating and cooling loss.
- Ultrasonic Testing: Ultrasound technology can locate compressed air leaks caused by vibration, holes in hoses, loose joints and cracks.
- Lighting: Studies provide recommendations for the design of lighting systems in such places as sports fields, roadways, parking lots and commercial/industrial plants.
- Metering: Temporary metering equipment is installed to gather data on facility electrical usage.
- Power Factor: Metering and recommendations to correct for low power factor.
- Grounding/ Lightning: Grounding study, grounding testing and lightning protection recommendations.
- Power Quality: Studies address voltage problems originating inside or outside the facility that adversely affect the end user.
- Water Heating: Studies explore heat pump water heater applications, standard energy-efficient water heaters and cost comparison of electric versus fossil-fuel system.
- Wiring and Electrical Distribution Equipment: Studies analyze the facility’s distribution system including the sizing of wiring and equipment and provide recommendations for system improvement.