Phone Payments

Natural Gas Safety

If you smell gas, DO NOT:

What you should do:

Common Safety Tips

Always remember these important safety tips:

Carbon Monoxide Dangers

Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas that is undetectable to the human senses, so people may not know they are being exposed.  The initial symptoms of low to moderate poisoning are similar to the flu (without the fever).  They include:

High level Carbon Monoxide poisoning results in progressively more severe symptoms, including:

If carbon monoxide poisoning is suspected, seek medical assistance immediately by dialing 911 and move the victim to a well-ventilated area. Be sure to open the doors to help ventilate the area. Then, call LUS at 931-762-7161.

To prevent carbon monoxide poisoning in your home: